Friday, January 30, 2009

Wild Horses




As i have been checking news articles and such for the area I have found that the BLM is considering thinning the wild horse population by putting them down. When we move; within the first year, after building the necessary structures and fencing. Michael and I will be adopting at least two from the Winnemucca district office, where they take the horses after capture. Anyone reading this with facilities and enough money and time to care for a horse I would encourage to do the same. I know as humans push in wildlife is pushed out but I really hate to see them killed just so someone can have some more land.

1 comment:

  1. It is so great that you guys are moving out here. I am very excited to hear that you were in the 82nd Airborne. Having some military service myself I think its great that you had that experience, and no doubt the things you learned will serve you the rest of your life. Especially with your new endeavor. I would love to learn more about the Ostrich industry and business opportunities in the blog. Very glad your coming out here. Cant wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete